Monday, December 13, 2010

Brett Favre: 297 The Magic Number

The magical run of consecutive games has finally ended at 297, three games shy of 300. Some might call this an unbreakable record, but Peyton Manning is at 205 consecutive starts and only needs to play six more years to pass the golden Brett. Despite some people who have soured on Brett in recent years demanding he retire, I have been cheering for his prolonged career. I respect his accomplishments as an athlete, and the incredible punishment that his body endured over those 297 games. As I get a little bit older myself, I find stories of athletes succeeding past their prime to be inspirational. I hope Brett has the energy and ability to play another season after this one, so that all the pundits crying that Brett only came back to milk his streak can shove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment