Friday, December 3, 2010

If you can't stand the Heatley...

...then get out of the kitchen. Congrats to Danny Heatley for playing a great game on his return to Ottawa. I was not a fan of how he handled his departure. I support the right of players to demand trades, but to then veto the trade they made and give Edmonton the finger, that was not classy. If I were a GM in the NHL, I would not sign players who demand no trade clauses. It may diminish the list of players willing to sign, but that flexibility as a General Manager is an absolute need. Frankly the fact that Heatley had the right to choose his destination cost the Ottawa Senators a great trade with Edmonton. I suppose Heatley has a fragile ego and can't stand media or fan scrutiny. Hey, maybe if I were driving dangerously and killed my best friend, I'd have a fragile psyche too...

No comments:

Post a Comment