Monday, June 6, 2011

Lapierre Taunting Bergeron

When Maxime Lapierre dangled his fingers near the face of Patrice Bergeron with that crazy eyed look, I have to admit that I laughed out loud. I did not think that Alex Burrows should have been suspended and I don't think the Bruins whining about it was at all productive. Understandably Claude Julien is making this a big deal because his team lost the last two games and he is desperate for something to motivate his players. The puck is about to drop on game 3 so we will see if this tactic works. Did Lapierre get into Boston's collective heads, or did he simply motivate them? We'll find out in 60 minutes.

Since I found humour in watching this "taunting" incident, I'm not about to criticize the action. It was quality entertainment. By the way, I can't be the only one who thinks that Maxime Lapierre bears shocking resemblance to Christian Bale.

2 comments:

  1. I think the hit on Horton motivated the Bruins more than Lapierre, but there's no doubt that Boston was fired up for this game. That being said, Claude Julien said his team wouldn't tolerate that kind of action, and they proceeded to facewash Canucks on a number of occaissions.

    8-1 Boston will get into Luongo's head. He doesn't bounce back all that well from blowouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UPDATE: The Vancouver Canucks did not win the Stanley Cup. To add insult to injury, fans trashed and burned downtown after the game leaving clouds of black smoke that was visible for miles. I'm jumping off the Canucks bandwagon. F**k it Vancouver, you can have your team back. I don't want to be a Canucks fan anymore.

    Let's go Red Wings!

    ReplyDelete