Here are 12 sports predictions for 2012. How many will come true? Only time will tell, but I want to officially be on the record with my own predictions for the calendar year.
1) Even if it is not a Major Championship, Tiger Woods will win a major tournament.
2) The Toronto Maple Leafs will make the playoffs, lose in 1st round.
3) Sidney Crosby will play less than 30 games in calendar year.
4) There will be fewer fights and hits in hockey in 2012 than 2011.
5) The NHL will lose zero regular season games to a work stoppage.
6) The Blue Jays will come close to a playoff spot, but fall short.
7) A Canadian team will NOT win the Stanley Cup.
8) Tim Tebow will have fewer wins than Kyle Orton in 2012.
9) The Green Bay Packers will lose at least 3 games.
10) This may not be a sports prediction, but Charlie Sheen will be on a higher rated sitcom than Ashton Kutcher by the end of 2012
11) Winnipeg's Evander Kane will outscore Toronto's Nazem Kadri by at least 40 points in calendar year.
12) The world will not end on Dec 21st, out-living the Mayan calendar.