Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Boston Or Tampa Bay?

Now that the Vancouver Canucks are advancing to the Stanley Cup finals (exactly as I said they would) the remaining question is who will they be facing, Boston or Tampa? The Bruins have a 3-2 series lead over the Lightning, but if this playoff has taught us anything you should not count out Steve Yzerman's team. Personally I am cheering for the Bruins to advance, as I have always had an affinity for that organization. My father tried out for the Bruins after graduating from the NCAA during the Bobby Orr era. He played for their farm team. Yet my favourite player growing up was Steve Yzerman, so I do take some pleasure in seeing him succeed as a rookie General Manager. Statistically Boston has about a 70% chance of winning the series.

As a Vancouver resident who once worked as a janitor at GM Place (aka Rogers Center), seeing the Canucks succeed feels nostalgic. I've got a hat, t-shirt, and car flag to publicly display my bandwagon jumping. My only regret as I watched the Canucks win in the 2nd overtime was that I was not downtown to share in the celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment