Welcome to my Fantasy Hockey Report Playoff Edition. It is week 2 of the Yahoo standard league fantasy playoffs, head to head categories leagues, so this will focus on players who play 4 games from March 12th to 18th. Here are my top 10 players to add for next week specifically that are between 20% and 60% ownership in Yahoo leagues.
Players for Yahoo Standard League Playoffs (week 2):
1) Paul Stastny, Wpg, (37% Yahoo ownership): He’s been a point per game player since arriving in Winnipeg, playing with Ehlers and Laine (who is red hot). The Jets play 4 games next week and Stastny is available in a lot of leagues. He is not available in my standard league because I added him yesterday.
2) Matt Duchene, Ott, (45% Yahoo ownership): Duchene started slow in Ottawa but got much better once his team dropped out of the playoff race. In the absence of pressure, he’s been very good, scoring 12 PTS in his last 14 GP.
3) Dion Phaneuf, LA, (40% Yahoo ownership): Since arriving in LA, Phanoof has been putting up PTS and Shots. He hasn’t been taking many penalties, but as a guy who does fight, he’s got that added dimension in a standard league. In his last 14 GP he’s got 7 PTS and 29 Shots and the Kings have a good schedule.
4) Philipp Grubauer, Wsh, (19% Yahoo ownership): Washington has the best schedule this week and Holtby has been struggling. In his last 5 games, Grubauer has a 1.20 GAA and .956 SV%. He’s been getting a greater share of the starts over his hot streak. There is a lack of strong goaltending options between 20% and 60% ownership on the teams who play 4 games this week.
5) Tom Wilson, Wsh, (40% Yahoo ownership): He might win you a category, with some chance of not hurting you in others. Washington has the best schedule this week, so he’ll have plenty of opportunities. He does get by far the most PTS and ice time of all the top PIMs guys.
6) Travis Konecny, Phi, (46% Yahoo ownership): The kid has been great in the second half and has scored 10 PTS in his last 14 GP. His ice time has dropped over his last 2 games, but Philly does play 4 games next week, so he’ll get you some points.
7) Teuvo Teravainen, Car, (51% Yahoo ownership): The talented Fin has scored 11 PTS in his last 14 GP. It’s unlikely that the Ron Francis departure from the GM chair will immediately affect the on-ice product, not that it could get any worse. Despite the team losing, Teuvo is still producing.
8) Brendan Gallagher, Mtl, (51% Yahoo ownership): Gallagher is in the top 15 in NHL Shots this season and shows no signs of slowing down (he’s taken 52 Shots in his last 14 GP, scoring 10 PTS).
9) Anthony Mantha, Det, (39% Yahoo ownership): Mantha has been very streaky this season, with a few extended slumps. But the kid can shoot, taking 40 Shots with 7 Goals over his last 16 GP. It’s not an easy schedule for Detroit next week, but they do play 4 games.
10) Matt Niskanen, Wsh, (37% Yahoo ownership): If you need a D and want somebody with a great schedule next week, here’s a guy. The Caps get the Islanders goaltending fiasco twice next week, and Niskanen has 8 PTS in his last 15 GP.
Going Deep: players owned in 10% of leagues or less:
1) Thomas Chabot, Ott, (4% Yahoo ownership): The kid has put up a nice little sample late in the season, scoring 7 PTS in his last 15 GP. A strong sleeper for next season, who can help you this week in deep leagues.
2) Andreas Athanasiou, Det, (4% Yahoo ownership): The Red Wings play 4 games next week and the speedster has 9 PTS in his last 15 GP. He takes a ton of shots too.
3) Carl Soderberg, Col, (2% Yahoo ownership): Soderberg might have more PTS in the last 2 months than he scored all last season. He’s been playing well and his team is fighting for a playoff spot. They won’t be resting him.
4) Mike Cammalleri, Edm, (2% Yahoo ownership): The Squid hasn’t been scoring goals, but he has 9 assists in his last 13 GP. Strong candidate in deep leagues if you want to improve that category.
5) Justin Abdelkader, Det, (7% Yahoo ownership): Over his last 16 games, Abdelkader has 9 PTS, 15 PIMs, 2 PPPs, 23 Shots, 31 Hits. If those categories mean something to you, he can help.