These are my goalie rankings for Yahoo standard 12 team head to head categories fantasy leagues. The stat categories are Wins, Goals Against Average, Save Percentage, and shutouts. The current average draft positions of each goalie is also listed below. One big piece of advice, don't draft any Islanders goalies. If one emerges as a legit #1 early in the season, okay, but otherwise I want no part of that mess (I feel similarly about Philadelphia). I'm also not betting on Craig Anderson returning to 2017 form.
1. Sergei Bobrovsky, Columbus, Yahoo ADP: 25
*I've had Bobrovsky on 3 fantasy teams in head to head leagues the last two years and all of them made it to the championship match.
2. Connor Hellebuyck, Winnipeg, Yahoo ADP: 22
*Really good goalie on a really good team.
3. Andrei Vasilevskiy, Tampa, Yahoo ADP: 12
*He's got the highest average draft position, but I have concerns about his consistency and SV%. He could lead the NHL in wins.
4. John Gibson, Anaheim, Yahoo ADP: 38
*Staying healthy has been a bit of an issue for Gibson, but he's great when he's on.
5. Jonathan Quick, LA, Yahoo ADP: 34
*Even if LA takes a step back, Quick will still be good.
6. Frederik Andersen, Toronto, Yahoo ADP: 36
*For all his heroics last season, he finished with a 2.81 GAA, which is not elite.
7. Martin Jones, SJ, Yahoo ADP: 44
*He had a stretch last season where he wasn't very good, but otherwise he's a reliable goalie.
8. Pekka Rinne, Nashville, Yahoo ADP: 18
*I'm concerned that this might be the year that father time starts catching up with Rinne, and that Saros will start eating into his playing time.
9. Carey Price, Montreal, Yahoo ADP: 46
*He will improve on last season, though his best years are probably behind him and his team will probably suck.
10. Braden Holtby, Washington, Yahoo ADP: 24
*There may be a Stanley Cup hangover here, quite literally, for the whole team.
11. Matt Murray, Pittsburgh, Yahoo ADP: 59
*Has issues staying healthy. He'd rank much higher if that weren't a concern.
12. Marc Fleury, Vegas, Yahoo ADP: 48
*Last season will be difficult to replicate.
13. Tuukka Rask, Boston, Yahoo ADP: 33
*He's on the wrong side of 30, and was bad early last season. Had a strong middle of the season.
14. Antti Raanta, Phoenix, Yahoo ADP: 134
*He's going too late in most drafts. He's a pretty good guy you can get in the later rounds as a high end #2.
15. Philip Grubauer, Colorado, Yahoo ADP: 156
*We'll see how he handles a larger work load. Has the potential to be a great late round sleeper.
16. Ben Bishop, Dallas, Yahoo ADP: 52
*He's a low end #1, high end #2 for fantasy purposes.
17. Devan Dubnyk, Minnesota, Yahoo ADP: 65
*He's 32 years old and his GAA started to slip last season. Risky as your #1 goalie, but he's a strong #2.
19. Cam Talbot, Edmonton, Yahoo ADP: 74
*There are big concerns about their defense. He should be better than last season, but not back to 2017 form.
18. Mike Smith, Calgary, Yahoo ADP: 111
*If we get pre-groin injury Smith, he could be a steal in later rounds. Not safe as your #1 goalie.
20. Corey Schneider, New Jersey, Yahoo ADP: 123
*Schneider has been in decline and is no longer a #1 fantasy option.
21. Henrik Lundqvist, Rangers, Yahoo ADP: 103
*Getting old, but still a decent #2 fantasy goalie.
22. Jake Allen, St. Louis, Yahoo ADP: 76
*Not a guy anyone should trust as their #1 goalie, not in real life or fantasy.
23. Corey Crawford, Chicago, Yahoo ADP: 118
*I'm worried about his brain. If he is back to 100%, he could be a great late round steal as your #2.
24. Roberto Luongo, Florida, Yahoo ADP: 126
*Health is becoming an issue, but still pretty good when he's on the ice.
25. Carter Hutton, Buffalo, Yahoo ADP: 145
*I'm not sure what to think about Hutton or the Sabres, but I've got concerns about both.
26. James Reimer, Florida, Yahoo ADP: 185
*Could be a low end #1 if Luongo has injury issues again.
27. Juuse Saros, Nashville, Yahoo ADP: 167
*He's the future in Nashville. The big question is, when will the future begin? It may not be this season, but it also could be.
28. Jonathan Bernier, Detroit, Yahoo ADP: 157
*Not sure I'd want Bernier in a 12-team standard league. Detroit might be awful. But he'll get playing time if you're in a league where you need that above quality starts.
29. Brian Elliot, Philadelphia, Yahoo ADP: 162
*Sign me up when he's on a hot streak, but I won't be drafting him in standard leagues.
30. Semyon Varlamov, Colorado, Yahoo ADP: 125
*Varlamov will have to maximize his playing opportunity early to get eat significantly into Grubauer's playing time, which is not impossible, though perhaps unlikely.